MLind

Hier hast Du die Möglichkeit Dich und/oder Deine Gruppe vorzustellen.
Forumsregeln
Threadtitel: FASST EUCH im Titel KURZ! Dein Name reicht aus. Danke.
Thread-Title: Please hold the title short! Your name is enough. Thanks
MLind
Plapperuruk
Plapperuruk
Gruppe: Clan Môr'Ashtu
Verbund/Verbünde: Ex-Okup Shakamb
MLind

Beitrag von MLind »

Well met fellow orcs

Bild
Bild

I'm Martin Lind from Denmark and when I'm hanging in the woods LARPing I find myself being among the awesome ranks of Clan Okup Shakamb. I'm 27 and have been LARPing for a few years now, but I have done a load of roleplay in a various forms, such as: tabletop, text-roleplay and online-roleplay in games such as WoW. I there for find myself having a good experience. And as you can see already known by the Naz'guls :P
I joined Okup about a year ago, having been let in after following them from the side for a while. I'm still trying to settle with the role(s) I play and more so craft my costume to a standard I find fitting to match up with them, and even more your's. You're looking great from what I have been able to research when lurking around the application in inspiration for costume and gear-checks the other night. Great stuff!

I have yet not been granted a name in the clan, which is why I'm using my first and lastname. So for now I'm a low orki-ranked trash, who have to fight myself to one. But call me Martin Lind, or Zigzag.

We haven't met, but I am humbled by what you do, how you do it and what I've heard - a big respect from this young orc's heart. And a pulse for jumping in myself in the near future. How's my german? I bet that's a question a lot of you get to ask us guys from outside your borders. It's a bit of out practise, but I can understand some. Though I do prefer messages and the likes in english (or danish, but I suppose it's better to met halfway?)

Other than roleplaying I have a few interests that might be surfaced through-out this. I'm an artist. Have always drawn, mostly sticking to traditional and not digital these days. I tend to do portraits and is from time to time sketching off some of the Okup guys. I'm also experienced in filming and photographing, along with editing both.
- For example last year (June 2015) I joined in Okup as a camera man, recording part of them in their trip around in the larp-campaign we usually play in, it's called Helios. (I'll post the links for the youtube in the following comment).

Lastly I will bring out my curiosity in asking, if you do any chat/text-roleplay from time to time? If not, maybe we could work something out in the future. I think it would be a cool way to establish a feeling, atmosphere and perhaps even an insight into camplife and your orc's personality. I think it would be nicest to flesh out in english, even though the german in our midst is just seen as an orc-accent of how we speak. And then there's the blackspeech that I'm also working with. ;D

I might pop a few questions as time goes, but for now I feel like this introduction is what I find necessary and nice to drop. I'm new to this forum, so bear with me - even though I have forum experience, the german-limitation to my language provides me with a nice challenge.

But that's it. It's nice to be here! I hope I did this right.
Zuletzt geändert von MLind am 03 Dez 2016 21:21, insgesamt 7-mal geändert.
MLind
Plapperuruk
Plapperuruk
Re: (MLind DK) Okup Shakamb newcomer

Beitrag von MLind »

Bild
As promised, (below) links for the videos I've fanmade when touring with Okup Shakamb back in June 2015, and is quite proud of. Sorry it's in danish, but I think you'll get a tingling feeling anyhow.

#1: Intro video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9oiaTGe1i0&index=6&list=PLwQ_rvQ5_HdgZ_NmuZZT056_-aiWFqwLd

The footage I recorded was put into three seperate pieces. But because of a computer failure and lack of backup I wasn't able to put together the third and last. But here are the two first ones.

#2: Video 1, from June 2016 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HP4YIQzgp0&list=PLwQ_rvQ5_HdgZ_NmuZZT056_-aiWFqwLd&index=5

#3: Video 2, from June 2016 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt-MBNFIlBA&index=4&list=PLwQ_rvQ5_HdgZ_NmuZZT056_-aiWFqwLd
MLind
Plapperuruk
Plapperuruk
Re: (MLind DK) Okup Shakamb, newcomer

Beitrag von MLind »

As for art - are there any other artists out there? I'll just leave these here -]

Bild

Bild

Bild
Fauth/Glum
Administrator
Administrator
Gruppe: Shira Hai
Verbund/Verbünde: Grat u Murdur - Kutotaz

Beitrag von Fauth/Glum »

Welcome on Board ;-)

Please note: Take only one name for your title.

Thank you and Kind regards
Fauth as Foren-Mod
MLind
Plapperuruk
Plapperuruk

Beitrag von MLind »

Fauth hat geschrieben:Welcome on Board ;-)

Please note: Take only one name for your title.

Thank you and Kind regards
Fauth as Foren-Mod

Hi Fauth, Thanks! And sure I'll change it right away. I know how long titles can get out of hand. Sorry.
Fauth/Glum
Administrator
Administrator
Gruppe: Shira Hai
Verbund/Verbünde: Grat u Murdur - Kutotaz

Re: MLind

Beitrag von Fauth/Glum »

Thanks for your help :-)

kind regards
Fauth
Glasha
geselliger Ork
geselliger Ork
Gruppe: Skût'mor bajrak

Beitrag von Glasha »

As you asked in another thread:

There are several tips for any newcomer, but most of them get repeated for almost everyone new here ;)
I can start with the most common ;)
- where and how do you want to play your orc?
- find yourself a team before you start working on the gear, becaus most teams have their own style

- make a plan, how the gear should look like. If you can't draw well just go ahead with stickmen
- start with your undergarments, not with the armour. you don't want to wear your armour all the time (and it looks miles better, if you ave a whole outfit)
- make the gear by yourself. you will have less cost, probably less work and it will look better than buying and customizing something
- weather the garment. especially, where wear and tear would naturally happen (like hems e.g.)
- rip the garment and sew it back together
- use glue, latex and acrylic colour on the fur, so it looks horrible enough for an orc
- use more of it ;)
- if you want to make something out of leather, start the weathering before you sew it together, so you won't damage your seams
- make some shoe covering
- wear gloves
- make some neck covering
- pimp your stuff with decorative seams

- saws, rasps, and the shredder (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pmVEvLuvEU) do a great job in destroying
- you can brush out ripped hems with a wire brush

If there is a specific issue you are interested in, just feel free to ask and probably there will be someone to translate.
If you want tips for your garment, just start some thread here http://www.orklager.org/olf2/viewforum.php. If you start the thread in English the answers should be in English, too
Urok/Worgahr
OrklagerUser
OrklagerUser
Gruppe: Horrgarch Mok
Verbund/Verbünde: Altes Blut

Beitrag von Urok/Worgahr »

@Glasha i think he found his team in Okup Shakamp
MLind
Plapperuruk
Plapperuruk

Beitrag von MLind »

Glasha hat geschrieben:As you asked in another thread:

There are several tips for any newcomer, but most of them get repeated for almost everyone new here ;)
I can start with the most common ;)
- where and how do you want to play your orc?
- find yourself a team before you start working on the gear, becaus most teams have their own style

- make a plan, how the gear should look like. If you can't draw well just go ahead with stickmen
- start with your undergarments, not with the armour. you don't want to wear your armour all the time (and it looks miles better, if you ave a whole outfit)
and so on

Hey @Glasha thanks for your newcomer set of questions and tips. It definitely already left me with some things to put on my to-do-list, and stuff that could help give an insight into my role as an orc.

Team: As mentioned in your post below, I already have a team - or a clan, it's Okup Shakamb, from Denmark. I understand they have a certain style, but that's it's something still being developed as the team gets more consistent members. It's allowed to try out fancy things, and I have surely gotten inspired by the way you (and the many other clan's members do your things). What really matters is that I'm wearing the sign of Gorrum, our deity. But I'm glad that you bring to the table that each clan looks different - it makes sense and creates a cool difference that makes good sense to have.

What's my orc like: Noted in my first post I'm still working out how I want to flesh out and play my orc. I have a somewhat third-partly finished costume that I need to add on top off and under. He's unnamed in the Okup Shakamb/Bellowing Mountain-clan, and have yet to make a name for himself, more so fight to gain one. He's a warmonger and a brute, a little more savage and wild that I've seen the common orc. He's cunning and clever, but have a thirst for blood that I let play in at times. He's more tribal in a way. Somewhat inspired from the jungle trolls of WoW, yet with my own northern fantasy take on it. He is like is he is, because that's the way he's survived. He's still coming of age, being a young one, and have recently started to gain an interest in the shamanistic and spiritual part of being an orc.
Not having gained a name in Okup, I have put him into a partly finished backstory. His name use to be Zhar'Karrzik [Za-karr-zik] (the spelling of it might change), and he origins from a clan called the Blood-ears/heads: Gijak Vosh. Known for painting themselves with the blood of their enemies and wearing it proudly.

My orc and playstyle have variated from being orcish to goblin like, and I'm thinking I'll take a middleway. I've always been more sinister and sneaky, than brute and big. I'm a normal built proportioned dude, tall, but no oversized arms or extra weight out over the usual. So I think that would fit me.

Like so many others I like a good fight, but I'm actually and have always been more of a roleplayer than actual larp-warrior. How does that play in for you guys? I've understood you have people that stay back, but even then some of them are fighters. Of course one has to fight, but how do you do it?
I'm in for a fight, but I'd like to explore the perspective of being in the back of things if possible.

Gear plan and list:
I can draw and have several sketches all over the place of ideas as to how my costumes could be like. And everyone can draw, stickmen or detailed work. Yet I'd like to think I have a talent for it.

I currently have
- backpelt, that still could use an extra good beating and weathering
- leatherchest, which doesn't fit me good enough these days
- weathered pair of pants
- weathered couch and normal leather
- a mask, which I in time want replaced with one from Ungebilde.de
- metal bracers
- loads of belts
- belly belt-skirt, which I need to make a new one of.
- some leather gloves of various types.
- A big longshafted axe (the one on the pictures)
- Some newly acquired Raaby FX (our okup-orc latex man) orc daggers and a sword of my own design.

I want and have to work on
- more pants/skirts
- getting leathercover on a pair of shoes, still not exactly sure how to do that, and more so considering which pair of shoes/boots would be best. Tips are welcome.
- undershirts to wear under my armor
- more stuff with bones
- sewing weather couch and normal leather together

- getting a name in Okup.

And as Stripe said in the 2016 DF-OCL Gearcheck:
As already mentioned, we also work on an OCL guide wich will be finished by the end of this year, so that old veterans as newcomers have a nice guide for their Characters 8)
which I will be looking forward to.

(and that's just a bit of it - more so to give an insight to myself)

Thanks again :scrat: I would'nt mind questions or feedback on the above. But I guess including pictures, when I have the time, would be a good thing.
- Where should I make a thread about my gear and it's improvement, where people can comment and I can submit stuff. Would it be in here or in a different board and corner on the forum?
Glasha
geselliger Ork
geselliger Ork
Gruppe: Skût'mor bajrak

Beitrag von Glasha »

Urok hat geschrieben:@Glasha i think he found his team in Okup Shakamp

No Shit, Sherlock ;)

The question was what tips newcomer at this board get, so i decided to metion the first two although they aren't necessary in his case. But they are by far the most common tips.

Pictures would be nice.
If you want to discuss anything you crafted, the "Werkstatt" Subforum will be the rigth one. To discuss your gear it is either "Rüstungen" for amour or "Sonstiges/Gewandungen" for anything else.
MLind
Plapperuruk
Plapperuruk

Beitrag von MLind »

Thanks again for the tips @Glasha

I'll get to taking some pictures when seen fit - it usually demands someone else to help you ;)
MLind
Plapperuruk
Plapperuruk

Beitrag von MLind »

It was requested that I took some photos of my mask and my gear. And so I did during a 1day-Larp yesterday. I forgot to take turn-around pictures, so for now I'll leave you with a slight front one.
I decided to try out some new stuff at this larp, like the lenghty brown dress/skirt. I'm not really happy with how it looks yet, and think I'll cut it more open. The same for the whole composition, it doesn't all match just yet. But I'm somewhat happy with the pieces individually.

I also took some photos of my mask. Originally produced by Epic Armory, but have gone through a few adaptations of mine. It came in green nuances, and have been painted with acryllic red of various colors, to match blood in different stages. The blood is part of his backstory (still in the making) of him originating from a clan called -Gijak Vosh- meaning the blood heads or ears in orc tongue. I've also pierced it with toothpicks in the nose and ears, and is looking to add some rings in there too. I'm quite happy with the result, but I'm looking for an extra upgrade perhaps in a new mask from Ungebil. Plus thinking of maybe adding an extra sewn scar, or some hair/beard.

Bild

Bild
Stripe
OrklagerUser
OrklagerUser
Gruppe: Doram Zau

Beitrag von Stripe »

Hi there Martin,

Sry that i took so long greeting you here in the Forum.
First things first. Welcome aboard. Your drawings are awesome and i really looking foreward meeting you
on the next Df 8)
Glasha already gave you a load of tips so i cant add more from my side ;)

Your gear looks good for the start. I would recommend to use some mold and fx blood on the fur you´ve draped over your shoulders. A gugel or a scarf to cover your neck and some thin leathergloves to cover your hands. The mask including the colouring, looks great mate.

Cut the skirt open and try a bloomer trouser like this one under it.

Bild

A scar and some Hair on your mask would round up the whole picture but its not a must have. It already looks good :up:

Looking foreward to see more from you and your progress.

Cheers
Stripe
Urok/Worgahr
OrklagerUser
OrklagerUser
Gruppe: Horrgarch Mok

Beitrag von Urok/Worgahr »

I know the shop which your Mask ist coming from. I think the ungebilde masks looking good for the start, but every 2nd Orc in the camp wearing an ungebilde one.So I would prefer to see your mask like the one on the pictures. Just my opinion.
MLind
Plapperuruk
Plapperuruk

Beitrag von MLind »

@Stripe:

Hey legend of legends (yeah you're well-known and spoken about) Stripe.
Don't worry about it, I'm fine now. Though I was wondering when there was going to be some activity on the forum parts that weren't german. It seems the english-parts seem to scare off a fair bit, or is it just that everyone is still settling in from after the cons the past weeks?

;) But it's great to have your welcome on-board too. Your thoughts on my drawings are appreciated, and I too will be looking forward to meeting you and the rest who'll attend DF.
And yeah Glasha was awesome. Kudos from here.

Thanks also for your feedback on the pictures of my current costume. I don't feel it's showing it all in it's best glory, but your highlights are definitely agreeable. I'm still trying to understand your rules and demands.
- On the same page, I understood that you meant to put a guide together for orc-costume-making in english by the end of the year. Is it still in the progress or do you know anything about it Stripe?

To give you a reply on your feedback:

1 - Let's start off with the pelt/backfur.
It's definitely in the making of becoming more dirty, bloody and brown than it shows on the picture. It's better seen from the back. I'm in the proces of making it more bloody, but I'm afraid of leaving it to the state of mold. Since I'm interested in wearing it a lot, and since I'm usually keeping it inside, drying it and not wanting it to get destroyed. Don't misunderstand me. It's for my orc only, and I am still destroying it ;)

2 - the scarf/neck cover is currently being adjusted and shows less than what the image holds. But true, no neckskin showing it the way you go right? I usually wear a balaclava too. But the one I had been taken by housegnomes.

3 - I got some gloves for winter, in the making of being brutalised, but I'm in search of some fitting and thin enough. Especially if it will be as sunny and hot as rumours tell me DF can be. Is it a demand that you always wear gloves, or latex-hands? You can't just paint your hands and wear partly finger showing "garden gloves"?

4 - I'm very satisfied with the mask. I've managed to do exactly what I wanted. Make it more unique - and I certainly feel I stand out even in the crowd of similar masked orcs.
It actually already have a few made in scars, and one of them got sewn together the other day to add more detail to the mask. I can't make a scar myself, but I guess it could be taught by one of our talented orc brothers or sisters? As for the hairgrowth - I've decided to keep this guy bald, at least for now. I have tried placing hair different places, drawn it (oh trust me), but I don't find it looks any good on him. Perhaps I've just gotten too use to the bald look?
I am though thinking of investing in a mask from Ungebil.de at mentioned. But I'm going to make a load of notes and remarks on how I want it made more personal. So I will stick out of the usual ungebil masks, which you @Urok mentions (thanks for the compliment dude - I'll consider it) is seen in such a big percentage inside the camp. And in the end I think I will do an extra paintjob, detail-creating props and accessories too. And this order will not be bald, but hairy. I got plenty of ideas. But I'm also keeping them off-board due to, you know, copyright. I'd like to be unique when I show up, or at least try to.

5 - Good call on cutting the skirt open. Vonor from Okup/Lischang suggested the same. I did it the other day along with ripping it out good, maybe a little too good. Having such pants would be lovely, but I've not been able to locate them in any way that I like.

And I'll be looking forward to showing you more of the process.
- Just got home from a nice crafting workshop with some of the Okup guys this saturday. It was fruitful and I've started working on my own torso/tunica of sewn together leather. It's a slow process, but step by step I'll get there. And in time I'll have shoecover, a better addition of fur, and loads more.

Thanks again for your comment to my post!
Antworten

Zurück zu „Vorstellung“