Ethan

Hier hast Du die Möglichkeit Dich und/oder Deine Gruppe vorzustellen.
Forumsregeln
Threadtitel: FASST EUCH im Titel KURZ! Dein Name reicht aus. Danke.
Thread-Title: Please hold the title short! Your name is enough. Thanks
Antworten
Brengrax
nie anwesende Drecksmade

Ethan

Beitrag von Brengrax »

Hi everyone, my name is Ethan. I'm from the U.S and 20 years old. I speak only few words in German.

I been interested in joining Orc Larping for some time now but hard to find that in the North America if it even exists. I learned about ork lager from Goblin industries YouTube channel. I've been playing role-playing games since my 3rd year in High school, mostly D&D and always play a tough melee characters from orc to Dragonborn.

I plan on going to Drackenfest or Epic Empire next year after covid is no longer an issue. Are there any English speaking groups that go to these events? Also, are these events English speaker friendly?

My orc character intro:
I'm still working on my orc's story and his costume. His costume just needs more accessories like bones and edits to the clothing to make it look more orcish.

His name is going to be Brengrax or Brengros from the Skortchclaw clan. A clan known for pillaging the puny humans who live near there blacken Forests. Clan's rusted armor is passed down to each generation and to represent past deeds of ones who wore the armor. He received his armor years ago when he came of age and now add his own deeds to it from bones of animals he's slane to clothing he took from humans he pillage.

Here's picture of my orc character so far:
orc.jpg
Zhûul
OrklagerUser
OrklagerUser
Gruppe: Gimba Squad @ MTK
Verbund/Verbünde: Grat u Murdur

Re: Ethan

Beitrag von Zhûul »

Hi Ethan,

welcome to the Orklager forum.
Well, there is at least one person in pretty much any clan who is able to commmunicate in propper English. At Drachenfest, there have been a couple of non-german Orc-clans (Danish, Israeli, etc) who joined the community over the years. Those clans are communicating with each other in their native language (the danes sounds so good damn cool^^) and switch to english, when interaction between the groups is nessessary. Keep in mind that the main language is still German and that is the language that is spoken most of the time. If you feel like it, give us a wee bit more character background. Both, the Epic empire and the Drachenfest have pretty high standards when it comes to costumes and a pretty dilligent application process. Right now, you costume is most likely not up to the task. You will have to add more dirt (acrylic paint - you can check the fabric aging tutorials on youtube) and layers of cloth. Check out the "nuclear snail" videos. They help a lot. Otherwise my brain is running on cheap booze at the moment (0331 am) and basically, I just wanted to say "hi".
If you have any questions, shoot away. :)

Greetz and welcome to the Orklager forum

Zhûul
In days of old, when nights were cold;
and toilets not invented.
They laid their load, upon the road;
and walked away contented.
MLind
Plapperuruk
Plapperuruk
Gruppe: Clan Môr'Ashtu
Verbund/Verbünde: Ex-Okup Shakamb

Beitrag von MLind »

^-^ Hi there Ethan, Zhûul got some of the points across that you asked in on. But welcome to the dirt.

English is a thing that's been opened up more from my point of view in the orc camp (orklager in german). Some like to do it, other's prefer not to. It's a good idea to come as a group, then I feel you stand a bit stronger (a group can be 3 people), but again solo'ing as a clanlos (not in a clan at the con) is something others have and do too.
But look around the forum, see what others have done, let yourself get inspired and don't be afraid to ask in - you can only get better at what it means to be and look like an orc, by asking and trying your best.
In order to get into the orklager you have to look the part - perhaps you already know that you have to apply and get approved to get in? You just don't get in. And Zhûul already gave you some quick tips with acryllic paints and more - again look what others have done.

In order to get and check the orc csene in america, perhaps look up my buddy Joel @mrsneakerr on Instagram, he can maybe hook you up and give you some insight into something that's closer than a european con, in order for you to get your orc tested and perhaps a bit better suited for Drachenfest.

Let us hear from you :) tell a bit more and send some bigger and better pictures if possible too, it helps in helping you get to the level that's expected.

Kind regards
Martin, Chief from Môr'Ashtu - a danish orc clan not yet established at Drachenfest
"Gitul grish, gitul mat!"
Martin Lind from Denmark ;D Use to play Rakothûrz in Okup Shakamb.
8) Now chief in a new danish orc clan: Clan Môr'Ashtu.
Brengrax
nie anwesende Drecksmade

Beitrag von Brengrax »

Hi Zhuul and Martin,

;D Thank you for the advise for my orc costume and information on events and people I can contact for help. I know my orc needs more work before I can apply for Drackenfest or Epic Empire for next year. I'll take a look on the forums and YouTube channel for help and inspiration.

Regards,
Ethan
Djarra
geselliger Ork
geselliger Ork

Beitrag von Djarra »

Hi Ethan,
Welcome to the forum! Nice to see that you are interested in the German orc scene. Although nothing is safe at the moment, it does look like Drachenfest 22 will be happening. If you have decided on which festival you'll be attending and should it indeed be Drachenfest, let me know. The Orc Clan Camp has a discord server - at the moment, there is not much going on, due to the lack of Cons, but if you want, we can have a chat about the whole subject and your possible options should you join the ranks of the free clans.
As the others have told you, English is spoken if we know non-German speakers are around for important announcements and such. However, I think it helps to attach yourself to a group to get some on the go translation and get a better overview on what's going on.

Discord link: https://discord.gg/Pc9m7jHhBa
Antworten

Zurück zu „Vorstellung“